Show Rules & FAQs
Show Day FAQs
How can I park my show car downtown?
Pre-register online. The first 300 cars are guaranteed downtown parking. Online registration is available by CLICKING HERE
I pre-registered my car. Where do I park?
There are mulitple colored "zones" at this event. Each zone has its own entry point. You will recieve an email within a few days of the event instructing you which zone you are in and where you should enter the show area. A reminder: cars can lose their spots on Main Street if they are not parked by 10:30 AM.
Where do I check in?
Check in at the information booth at 1st St. and Main St. You’ll receive your goodie bag, event pint glass and be registered for door prizes once checked-in.
Can I leave early in my show car?
Only if you are parked in the park. If you are parked downtown, you must stay until all awards are given. Due to pedestrian traffic and a high volume of show cars, attendees, and vendors, it is crucial for everyone’s safety that you do not leave until after the afternoon awards.
Do I still have to pay to show my car if I come later in the day?
Rolling Into Roanoke is a fund raiser for our Beneficiaries, so every show car has to pay, whether they come on time or late. Also, cars can lose their spots on Main Street if they are not parked by 10:30 AM. You must be registered by noon in order to enter in door prize drawings and be eligible for specialty awards.
What is the schedule for Rolling Into Roanoke?
View the 2020 schedule of events here.
Are there awards for the show cars?
YES, there are over 40 “Favorite of the Day” vehicles chosen by our sponsors and Roanoke officials, so literally every vehicle is eligible for a specialty award! With so many eras, makes and models, Rolling Into Roanoke is not a judged/points event. Be sure to stay until 3:00 to see if you’re a winner.
When are awards given?
Awards are given at 3:00 PM at 1st St. and Main St. by the information booth. Look for Rick Fischer with a megaphone.
Are there door prizes for participants?
YES, pre-registered and day-of registered show car owners are eligible for door prizes. If registering day-of, you must be registered by 12 noon to be eligible for the drawing.
When will the door prizes be drawn?
Door prize drawings start at at noon. Winners will be posted on boards at both information booths (at 1st and Main and in the Park) and have until 3:00 PM to claim their prize. Winners will also be posted on our Facebook page. Door prizes not claimed by 3:00 PM will be saved for next year’s drawing.
How do I make sure I get a goodie bag?
Visit the information booth at 1st St. and Main St. when you register or check-in. Goody bags are available while supplies last!
I’m in the show. If I sit with my parked car can I bring my own tent for shade?
You may sit with your car and have a tent in the park ONLY. NO tents may be set up downtown.
Our primary concern is the safety of people at the show, as well as the safety of the vehicles. Therefore:
- NO DOGS ALLOWED. For the safety of our event attendees and of their property, dogs are not allowed at the event. Service dogs with proper ID and smaller dogs are accepted.
- Do NOT touch the cars. We caution everyone to also be careful with strollers and cameras.
- ALL backpacks and large bags are subject to inspection.
- NO skateboards or bicycles are allowed.
- NO alcohol on the streets, other than designated areas, and NO alcohol in the park.
- NO firearms.
- NO BURNOUTS into or out of the event or you will be subject to ticketing.
- NO leaving your spot downtown, if you are showing your car. For the safety of visitors, we cannot, under any circumstances, have cars trying to pull out into crowds on Main Sts. at any time, until after the show ends.
- NO drones.
- YES, enjoy the cars and the town. Local shops will be open!
- YES, come back next year!
- YES, take photos and share them with us and on our social media pages! We are on Facebook and Instagram.
- YES, there are two information booths to answer questions and give directions: one at 1st and Main and one in the Park.
- Rolling Into Roanoke, Inc. and all of its associates are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Any items displayed on or around your vehicle are displayed at your own risk
Food & Drink
Are there places to buy food downtown? Will there be food vendors?
YES, there will be food and drink vendors and food trucks. Downtown hosts multiple sit-in restaurants and local vendors. Click here to see vendor details. You can also check out the discoverroanoke.org to see a full list of all that Roanoke has to offer!